What We Do
STOP PRESS !!
Rotary clubs worldwide meet Polio Challenge - Latest detail on Rotary $200m fund raising efforts to match the Gates Foundation to eradicate polio.
The Rotary Club of Cleveland is an very active, very friendly, and social club.
The Objects of Rotary are:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
We have a set of ethical standards that guide the way conduct ourselves in our business and personal lives known as:
THE FOUR WAY TEST of the things we think say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
What is Rotary? What do we do?
Rotary is a worldwide organisation with over 1,000,000 members but let Roger Climpson tell you about Rotary by clicking on Rotary.
Cleveland Rotary supports all major Rotary Programs including the Eradication of Polio. Learn more on our up to date efforts on Polio Eradication – www.polioeradication.org
We also facilitate the provision of emergency supplies in the event of a disaster by way of the Shelter Box programme , and sponsorship of students in the School of St Jude in Tanzania, in fact we receive letters from our sponsored students at St Judes; see a letter from our sponsored student Asaya letter. Also see a link to the latest newsletter from St Jude here.
These are only a selection of our wide range of humanitarian and local community projects.
Annually, the Club raises in excess of $50,000 through community and member events. For example: Golf Days, Charity Dinners, themed fund raising nights, Garage Sales and meat tray raffles at Raby Bay. Funds raised are donated to both local and international charities. We are ready to spring into action whenever there is a particular need – i.e. Worked with other local Rotary Clubs to raise $40,000 for Qld drought victims, Vanuatu Garage Sale. We have provided medical equipment to the Redlands Hospital Neo Natal Clinic and we support many local community activities
The crowd at the Drought appeal garage sale
Our social activities include regular partner’s nights, Sunday Picnics in the Park, Guess Who is coming to Dinner, Theatre Nights, and the Stanthorpe wine tour weekend.
Tim & Anna loading a container for Donations in Kind
Simmo, Geachy and John Lipman at Donations in Kind
We are sponsors and supporters of the Road Safety Education Limited (RSE) which is a not-for-profit company (limited by guarantee), that now runs the RYDA (Road Safety Youth Driver Awareness) road safety education program delivered to the youth of our community – learn more at http://www.ryda.org.au/html/about-us.html.
Rotarians on duty at a RYDA Day